Porsche 997.2 GT3
- factory paint
- Low mileage
- Top maintained
- Manual gearbox!
In 2009, Porsche launched the 2nd Generation 997 GT3 (commonly known as the 997.2 GT3), with an enlarged 3.8 litre engine rated at 435 horsepower. By 2012 only 2.256 units were produced. Compared to 6.300 units of the 991.1 GT3 and 9.500 units of the 991.2 GT3, this number is rather low.
The coolest feature of this GT3 definitely is the engine. It’s one of the last iterations of what is called the Mezger engine.
Hans Mezger started working for Porsche as an engineer in 1957. In 1965 he became the boss for Porsche’s Motorsport R&D department, with the mission to build a car to win the overall 24 hours of Le Mans. He succeeded in his mission with the Porsche 917 where they dominated the podium in 1970!
The engine in this GT3 is an iteration of an engine that initially was designed for the twin-turbocharged 911 GT1 Le Mans racer, which won Le Mans in 1998. Porsche used this engine until the 997 GT3 RS 4.0, the swansong of what is called today the Mezger engine!
This beautifull black 997.2 GT3 was delivered on the 26th of July 2010 to its first German owner.
From factory the car has been largely spec’d with all kinds of cool stuff!
- 082 Fuel tank 90l
- 140 Dynamic engine mount
- 450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
- 490 Sound Package Plus
- 608 Home Link (garage door opener)
- 640 Chrono package plus
- 666 Telephone module
- 841 Three-spoke sports steering wheel with smooth engine leather finish
- 870 Universal audio interface
- CGJ Sport Chrono timer display painted in Carrara white
- CJX Floor mats with leather surround
- CLA Thicker steering wheel Alcantara
- P03 Sports Bucket seats
- P23 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navi
- XES Preparation for illuminated door sill guards
- XFJ Instrument dials in Carrara White
- XLG Lid of storage bin alcantara with Porsche logo
- XMJ Rear section of centre console carbon
- XSC Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
- XXD Outer door-sill guards in carbon, illuminated
The car is in a very nice and perfectly original condition with only 42,590 KM on the clock! These kilometers have been driven the first years. Since 2016 the car is in a collection and barely has been driven. Before delivery, the car will be fully serviced.
The paint is still the original factory paint and is in incredible condition! This 997.2 GT3 comes with the original owner's manuals and service booklets in their leather case.
In short, a top collector!
- Mileage42.590 km
- Power435 hp
- Cylinder capacity3.800 L
- DriveRear wheel drive
- Interior colorBlack
- Interior materialAlcantara
- Exterior colorBlack